Hello Friends! Happy Friday!
It has been another busy week. I have been busy practicing and studying for a big training I have this weekend! I am super nervous about it, but I also feel really prepared! Stay tuned for more 😉
Since this week (and last) was so busy I have hardly done much cooking. But I did get a little bit of time to work up a new recipe! I am sure I am going to be munching on these all weekend too!
Banana bread has always been something I have loved! My mom used to make it as a kid and my siblings and I would gobble it up. As I got older and learned more about my food allergies, I took time to adjust a recipe to make it work for me 🙂 And it is pretty delicious if I do say so myself 😉
Over the past few years I have tinkered around with adding different ingredients to change it up! One of my favorite combos adds in blueberries! They are especially good with fresh berries from the farm! One of my other fav combos I shared a few weeks ago, triple chocolate zucchini muffins. I have tinkered around with chocolate chips (of course), strawberries, nuts and dried fruit. This new experiment def adds new flavor and it is packed with nutrition!
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4-1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 scoops vital proteins
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line 2 muffin pans with silicon cups or paper wrappers.
- Place peeled bananas into a large mixing bowl (I used my kitchen aid, but you can also mash these by hand). Mash well.
- Pour in the coconut oil, mix well.
- Add in the coconut sugar, mix well.
- Add in the sprinkle of salt, baking soda, vital proteins & cinnamon, incorporate well.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and mix in the vanilla. Add those to the banana batter, mix well.
- Add in the flour slowly until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the zucchini and carrots (for you chocolate lovers out there, you can also add in some mini chocolate chips- My husband appreciated me doing this for half the batch 😉 )
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some cherry recipes.