Happy Friday friends!
I have been meaning to write a post all week about my adventures from last weekend. However, my fingers were too tired to type! Haha
It was a great experience, and I will fill you all in very soon on the fun process!
As you may know, we like to celebrate foodie holidays here on Foodie Fridays! Today is national cherry dessert day! I have to admit that I have not always been a big fan of cherries. For YEARS I could not stand anything cherry flavored. Then one day I discovered why I was not a fan of cherries. The main cherries I had been exposed to as a kid were the kind that were in the mixed fruit- Maraschino cherries. Once I realized there were more varieties, I was all over them! Give me some nice Bing cherries and I am a happy girl!
I am linking up today with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Farrah from Fairyburger for a cherry dessert themed week!
This smoothie has a perfect blend of cherry and chocolate. You can not even tell it packed with some greens!
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup raw spinach/kale mix
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups frozen dark Bing cherries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops vital proteins
- 1 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- Add all ingredients (minus 1/2 c cherries) to a blender.
- Blend well, should be thick.
- Add additional cherries if it needs to be thickened.
- Garnish with cherries
- Enjoy 🙂
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some copy cat recipes.