Happy Friday friends!
Anyone else feel like it was a weird week? Monday holidays always seem to throw my whole week off. I didn’t know what day it was several times this week! Haha
And I got hit with a summer cold, which, if you ask me, always seem worse during summer months than in the winter! Boo.
Despite my little cold, I did have some fun working with one of my favorite veggies!
I have seen some recipes floating around for cauliflower tots, a much healthier form of a childhood food, tater tots. So I got to working and played around with making my own version.
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400*, cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Remove the stem from the cauliflower then chop head into chunks and then into small pieces using a blender or food processor
- Steam cauliflower for about 10 min
- Place cauliflower in a large bowl and let cool (I placed mine in the fridge to speed up the process)
- Add remaining ingredients to cauliflower and mix well.
- Scoop about 1/8 cup cauliflower and form into a patty, place on parchment paper. Repeat till all mixture is used.
- Bake for 25-30 min, or until bottom of cake is browning and crispy.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some free for all recipes.