A big happy birthday shout out to my momma today!
Well I am on the road again today! It has certainly been the summer of travel and house sitting! I think I have only slept in my own bed for 4-5 days all summer! I am still working through all the amazing information and fun I had a blog fest & Idea world convention last week, and there will be a few posts about all that coming at you next week 🙂
While I have been traveling so much, I have not been cooking that much in my own kitchen. One thing that has not changed though is my consumption of avocados! I eat one (or more sometimes) just about every day! Simply in the last week I went through 2 bags! I should probably invest in some avocado stock! Haha
But really, I do love me some avocado! On salads, in smoothies, on toast, as guac, on eggs, and even just all by itself! I mean, what is not to love? Unless you are allergic, then by all means, do not eat them! Avocados are chalk full of vitamin E, fiber & omega-3 fatty acids. The benefits of avocados are pretty awesome! A few include lowering cholesterol, reduce inflammation, help eye health, help keep blood pressure in the right range.
Waaaaay back when I was in college, my bff and I were craving dessert one night and she had found a recipe for chocolate avocado mousse! I wasn’t sure if I would like it, but it ended up being so good! Sadly I we never made it again. As I was thinking about what to crate this week I looked at my stash of avocados and that memory came up and I wanted to see if I could make something equally as good! So this creamy, dreamy treat was even better than when we made it back in college! Maybe cause I changed a few things up (hello dates) and Enjoy life was not even a company back then! Hehe
- 2 large avocados, pitted and skin removed
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1 c organic almond milk- unsweetened vanilla
- 4 Tbsp Cacao powder
- 4 Tbsp Sunbutter
- 1/4 c + some to garnish -Enjoy life mini chips
- Add dates and milk to blender, pulse till it forms a smooth paste.
- Add in cacao powder and sun butter, blend till smooth.
- Add in chocolate chips, pulse till chips are blended- only about 5-10 seconds.
- Scoop into bowls and garnish with more chips if desired.
- Store remaining pudding in a air tight container in the fridge
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some summer cool down recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!