Hello wonderful friends and happy FRIDAY!!! This week was another busy week as school began for many of the kids in my life! It has been a week full of personal ups and downs and trying to get in the swing of my new routines!
Something that I need to get back in the routine of is food prepping in my own kitchen. I cook at work and for a few weekend clients, but somehow have lost the edge when it comes to my own house. My husband and I have been making some pretty major changes to our eating habits (more on that soon) so I will be working on figuring all that out this weekend. Costco and I have a nice date planned for tomorrow! Haha
In the midst of slacking on food prep, I had a stash of banans that were SO ready for banana bread or to be frozen for smoothies. However, I was not really in the mood for actual banana bread, muffins and my freezer is plum full of frozen bananas already! So I decided to get some ideas from Pinterest (always a good idea 🙂 ) I saw a few ideas for making banana cookies. I looked at a few of the recipes, and I either didn’t have all the ingredients or it involved a very lengthy prep time. So I decided to try my own banana bread recipe and see how it would work with attempting to make cookies. I was a little concerned we would end up with one giant pile of mush, but surprisingly they turned out really well!
- 5-6 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 3/4-1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the sugar and oil or butter.
- Add peeled bananas into the mix and mash well.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and mix in the vanilla. Add those to the banana batter, mix well.
- Add in the sprinkle of salt, baking soda, mix well.
- Add in the flour slowly until just incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Scoop about 1/8 cup of the batter for each cookie and place it on the parchment paper, about 1.5 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This makes about 3 dozen cookies. I am going to try adding some protein powder next time and use as a post workout snack 🙂
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some Kitchen Cleanse recipes.