Happy Friday friends and happy national coffee day!
Could there be a better day to celebrate coffee? Haha
I am actually not an avid coffee drinker, but I do have a few brands that I do enjoy here and there. My trips to Costa Rica and Ethiopia definitely influenced me to drink coffee more often. Coffee has never really done anything for me and I guess I am a bit picky because most coffee I ever have had here in the states always seemed so bitter. My first time to the Cafe Britt coffee plantation in Costa Rica back in 2002 changed my mind about coffee. It was such a great experience that when the hubs and I went 2 years ago I took him there 🙂
When the hubs and I went to Ethiopia 2 summers ago, it was a whole different experience! They roasted, ground and brewed the coffee right in front of us several times a day. It was a beautiful cultural experience! The hubs has never been a fan of coffee, but the Ethiopian coffee changed his mind! It was also neat to be where coffee was actually discovered!
So although I don’t drink coffee every day, I do enjoy my select brands! But along with coffee, I do enjoy some delicious coffee cake! It is now fall, so adding pumpkin and coffee cake together for national coffee day just seemed like the right thing to do! Hahah
It is hard to go wrong with coffee cake! My kitchen smelled SO good while this was baking! It was hard to wait for it to cool off before we had to dive in! It was my first time attempting this with gluten free flour and coconut oil. Trying to make it more allergy friendly for my own health and for friends who have food allergies! It came out perfect and I could not be more happy with this delightful treat!
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1–15 oz can organic pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 c gluten free flour
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- Grease a 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil
- In a med bowl sift all the dry cake ingredients together
- In a Kitchen aid (or large bowl using a hand mixer) whip together the coconut oil and sugar. Add in each egg and mix well.
- Mix in the pumpkin with the wet ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased baking dish.
- Put all topping ingredients into a small bowl and mix using your hands till crumbly and combined.
- Sprinkle on top of the cake batter
- Bake for 45 min or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool fully before cutting in (about an hour).
- Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some Noodle recipes.