Jumping on here real quick to say hello, happy October and happy national noodle day!
Since it is fall I have been craving more comfort foods! Even though the weather here in Houston has still been pretty warm but that is not stopping me from making more fallish recipes! 🙂
This have been a little nutty, and I will be posting a real update soon!
- 1 package gluten free pasta- I used spirals
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 4 Tbsp gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 12 oz butternut squash, chopped into pieces
- 4 cups loose kale, washed & chopped (I think I will add even more kale next time)
- 2 cups dairy free cheese (I used almond milk cheese)
- Spices to taste- Garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, turmeric
- Heat the avocado oil then saute the butternut squash till soft large frying pan.
- Throw in the kale and let it wilt.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions
- While the pasta cooks, make the sauce.
- Melt the ghee in the bottom of a large pan. Add in the flour and whisk it into the ghee.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and milk, whisking the entire time. As the sauce begins to thicken, add in the pumpkin puree and spices to taste.
- Add in the cheese to the sauce and stir till melted.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan with the sauce and coat all the noodles with the sauce. Add in the butternut squash and kale.
- Eat and enjoy!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some free for all recipes.