Happy Friday friends!
I am SO happy to report that fall finally arrive in Texas this week. The past several days the mornings have been in the 50/60s and just so pleasant. By mid afternoon it has been in the mid 70s with a slight breeze. Humidity has been down and it has been glorious! A huge reminder as to why fall is still my favorite season of all! I am so thankful for the gorgeous weather. The weather has been pretty hot again since hurricane Harvey blew threw. I wish I could have spent more time outside this week, but I have been working on a big project at work that has taken a lot of my time. I don’t mind working on it, but I am excited to spend some time outside this weekend! These fall evenings have been so perfect and I can’t wait to use the new fire-pit I built to make some s’mores for girls night this weekend!
The past few years for Foodie Friday, we have done a Choctober Fest recipe release! This year is NO exception!! I have to say that this is one of my most favorite Foodie Fridays of the year 🙂 In my book it is always wonderful to gather some chocolate as much as possible!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of pink salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/2-1 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Line a muffin pan with papers or silicon holders
- In a large bowl blend together the coconut oil and the pumpkin puree.
- Sprinkle in the baking soda and blend well.
- Add in the sugar, salt, egg, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Blend well.
- Gently fold in the flour till just incorporated.
- Gently add in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup into each cupcake holder- Makes about 24
- Bake for 18-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make frosting while the cupcakes cool on a cooling wrack.
- 2/3 coconut oil
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- Place the coconut oil in a stand mixer, beat for several min until creamed.
- Add in the powdered sugar and cacao and mix till fully blended in.
- Add in the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice and blend well.
- Slowly add the milk, 1 Tbsp at a time till your desired consistency.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, spoon a heap of frosting on each one and spread it around.
- Store any remaining frosting in an airtight container in the fridge.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some potato recipes.