Hi friends! It has been a bit of a crazy week! If you follow me on instagram you may have seen me post a little about it!
Work has been a little busier than normal, and my normal day-to-day life was more full this week than normal as well! The hubs injured his foot and is in a boot for a few weeks which added to the craziness! I think this is my 2nd or 3rd time opening my computer this week which is so not normal! Haha
Despite it being a little crazy I forced myself to do an in home spa day, got a pedicure and enjoyed a few minutes by the outdoor firepit.
Fall weather seems to be here to stay for a while, so my soup making has been kicked into full gear! I made some potato soup a few weeks ago for one of my nanny kids when he was sick. It turned out really well! I made some for the hubs and it was even better! The only difference was the type of milk, but the almond milk made it even creamier!
- 10 med potatoes- peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth plus some (about 2 cups) to use to cook potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups plain almond milk
- 3 Tbsp ghee
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- 2 cups shredded almond cheese
- Place cubed potatoes and garlic in a large pot, cover with half water and half chicken broth.
- Bring liquids to a boil and simmer for about 10-15 min or until potatoes are fully cooked (soft when poked with a fork).
- Drain potatoes into a strainer.
- Place ghee and broth and milk in the pan, bring to a simmer.
- Add spices to taste.
- Return potatoes to the pot and gently mix in.
- Add in the cheese and stir till equally distributed.
- Enjoy on a beautiful fall day or evening!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some sandwich recipes.