Greetings from a very happy Houston! Go Astros! It has been fun watching the games and feeling the spirit of pride and joy in the Houston area!
Life has continued to be full and a bit non-stop. I keep thinking, “this is the week things will slow down,” but that has yet to happen!
We are now into November! WHAT? How did that creep up so fast! I feel like it was just the middle of July! Maybe our crazy weather has something to do with that! Yesterday it was basically 90 degrees and 10000% humidity! So of course I have been thinking about foods to cool off with but also pumpkins since it IS November! Since it is national sandwich day I decided to try and make my own ice cream sandwiches. I really wanted to be like Betty Crocker and make it all from scratch, but that just didn’t happen this week. Thankfully I was able to put a yummy treat together with a few ingredients I already had laying around!
I originally got these gluten free crackers for my girls night a few weeks ago. They are so much better than the graham crackers I remember from growing up. They are almost like a short bread! Nice and thick to that gives substance!
- 8 gluten free graham crackers
- 1-2 cups of your favorite pumpkin ice cream, slightly thawed (use more for a thicker sandwich)
- A handful of enjoy life chocolate chips
- Place 4 graham crackers in the bottom of a freezer approved container.
- Gently spread the ice cream over the crackers to make an even layer.
- Place the remaining graham crackers on top in the same pattern the bottom layer was laid down.
- Cover and place back in the freezer or at least 30 min
- Remove from freezer and use a knife to slice between the crackers to form each sandwich.
- If desired, place chocolate chips around the outside of the sandwich.
- Eat and enjoy!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some vegetarian/vegan recipes.