Happy New Year friends! I am happy to be back to the blog! I took some time off over the holidays to spend time with my family and friends who are like family! It has been refreshing and we made some wonderful memories! As we swing into a new year I have been focusing on my self and my health. I was under the weather for a few days but am thankfully feeling better!
There are SO many posts out there right now about the new year and resolutions or goal setting. I have done both of those things in years past but most of the time they ended up not happening or causing me stress. I am not a fan of stress and I don’t want goals or plans to add stress to my life which goes against focusing ON health. Health to each person is slightly different and that is OK! As I shift my focus to health for me, I have areas I do want to improve on, but I know they are not going to happen overnight or all in the month of January.
I have made my own private list of healthy habits I want to focus on and I am taking on one or two at a time. Once they become more of my natural routine, I will add in another one. Over the course of the year I hope these different healthy habits impact my life in a positive way. As I shift my focus around I will share some of them with y’all for accountability as well as hopefully helping someone else add a healthy habit to their life.
My first one is getting breakfast in. I hate to admit that I am TERRIBLE at eating breakfast. I am more of a brunch, snack, then dinner kind of girl. I feel better when I have some breakfast and my brain is more alert as well, but as some of you may know, I am NOT a morning person. I have tried to be a morning person, but it has never gone well. Even as a child I was more of a night owl. I have to leave for work at 6:45 am, and while that may not sound early, I am always dragging. Forget breakfast, I am just glad to leave the house on time with all that I need for the day (computer bag, gym bag, change of clothes, water bottle, lunch, and often times something more).
Enter a breakfast I can make in less than 5 min while I am getting ready. So simple yet SO perfect for me. And it is something I can prep on the weekends so I don’t even have to think about it- Even better!!
Today I am linking up today for Foodie Friday with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Farrah from Fairyburger for our make-ahead themed week!
Ingredients (multiply each ingredient for how many packs you are making)
- 2 handfuls of some greens (spinach, kale, mixed greens, etc)
- 2/3 cup choice of frozen fruit (cherries, strawberries, pineapple, mango, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup milk of choice when making the smoothie
- protein powder or other ingredients if desired ( I pre-mix my fav add ins in a container with a lid, then scoop the amount into the smoothie all at once- collagen peptides, flax and chia seeds, maca root powder, cinnamon and turmeric)
- Place selection of frozen fruit in a freezer proof container
- Add in the frozen banana
- Add 2 scoops of greens of choice on top
- Seal and place in the freezer until use
- When making the smoothie place greens and milk in a blender. Place on high for 1 min or until greens are completely blended in with no chunks.
- Add in the frozen fruit and banana, blend well for 15-30 seconds
- Add in any remaining ingredients and blend for 15-30 seconds
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
Do you have an awesome recipe you’d love to share? Link up with us on Fridays for our weekly Foodie Friday posts! (Co-hosted by Annmarie, Farrah + Esther )
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some 5 ingredients or less recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!