Happy Friday friends!
It is another chilly day here for Houston! We got a cold front and the temps dropped from 68 to 30! Then when I woke up it was real feel of 19! Too cold for my liking! One of the main reasons I moved away from Chicago was the cold winter weather! My body does not do well!
Anyways, being so chilly on and off, I have been experimenting with different warm me up meals! Soup is always our go-to, but even that gets old after so many weeks, haha.
I received the Kitchen-Aid spiralizer attachment for Christmas and it has been fun playing around with it. I was craving some taco styled food the other day, but didn’t have all the ingredients for taco soup, and I was not in the mood for a taco salad. I looked to see what I had that might make for a good base, and I had a ton of zucchini just begging to be eaten!
Today I am linking up today for Foodie Friday with Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Farrah from Fairyburger for our 5 ingredient or less themed week! Mine is 5 main ingredients plus spices 😉 I may have a few more than 5 ingredients, but there are only 5 steps to putting this yummy taco creation together!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized (or sliced and chopped if you don’t have a spiralizer)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Spices to taste (pink salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes)
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- Saute zucchini and red pepper in half of the avocado oil.
- In a separate pan brown the ground turkey with the remaining oil. Add spices to taste.
- Toss the veggies and meat together in large bowl.
- Add tomato and avocado (and cheese if you desire) on top.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some Pinterest curiosities recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!