Happy Friday friends! I am crawling out from under the ice that took Houston down this week! I literally have not felt this cold since I moved away from Chicago 10 years ago!
With the ice covering everything, I got to work in my kitchen to make some yummy food to keep us warmed up! I did manage to get a lot done in the 1.5 days where I did not leave my house! I am SO thankful that even though it was cold and nasty out, it will be back to normal temps this weekend!
I have seen a few eggplant recipes bouncing around pinterest, but when I saw a few for a healthier version of pizza, I knew I had to try it out.
- 1 Medium eggplant sliced into approx 1/4 in slices
- Pink salt
- 1ish cups tomato sauce
- Choice of toppings (I did sauteed red pepper & spinach)
- Choice of cheese (I used almond cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375*F
- Place eggplant slices on a lined baking sheet
- Sprinkle a dab of salt on each slice (this helps reduce the moisture in the eggplant)
- Pre-bake the eggplant about 15 min, flipping halfway through
- Remove pan from oven and add about 1 Tbs tomato sauce on top of each slice
- Add on toppings of choice and then sprinkle on the cheese
- Bake for 10-15 min or until cheese is golden brown
- Enjoy 🙂
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some Kitchen Cleanse recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!