Hello & happy Friday!
Welcome back to Foodie Friday with Annmarie and Farrah for our kitchen cleanse themed week!
Houston as recovered from our snow days last week, but it has still been rather chilly in the mornings. The hubs came home from work not feeling so great the other day, so I looked to see what ingredients I had on hand to make some soup for him.
I love how a simple broth combined with some protein, veggies and spices can really boost the immune system and help the healing process speed up!
It seems like people all around me are getting sick left and right! I spent the first week of Jan in bed and I don’t have time for that these days! That week I fortunately had off work, so it wasn’t that big of a deal, but that is not always the case!
This soup hits the spot and just makes you feel better. The spices add a nice kick of flavor while adding health benefits. I love how simple it is to put together!
- 3 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 3 cups veggies (I used carrots, peas, & celery)
- 4 cups of organic chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1tsp cayanne
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Heat avocado oil and add in the garlic. Sauté for about 2 min.
- Add in the veggies and chicken and sauté till veggies are soft.
- Add in the rice.
- Gently mix in all the spices.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth.
- Let simmer for 10-15 min.
- Enjoy a bowl while recovering from an illness, to warm up or just because!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some free for all recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!