It has been an adventurous week. Last Friday night I hopped on an airplane to GA and surprised 3 of my most favorite people on the planet! It has been in the plans for several weeks and I was thrilled that each surprise went off without a hitch! Big thanks to the friends who helped pull it off!!
The hubs was a bit under the weather when I left and was worse by the time I returned home 😦 We ended up in the urgent care and poor guy had been battling a terrible stomach bug for 6 days! He was super dehydrated and some of his numbers were out of whack. Thankfully we were able to re-hydrate him and avoided a hospital visit.
I am SO thankful for a kind boss who was able to give me a little time off to help take care of my hubs, and that he is feeling SO much better! It is his birthday today and I am so glad we can celebrate (although I would celebrate him any day)!
One of his favorite meals I make is my little crispy chicken nuggets. I made this on one of our first dates, and I am pretty sure that confirmed his love for me even more, hehe. I have perfected the recipe over time and I could make it with my eyes closed! This is a super simple recipe to make if you have a Super Bowl party coming up this weekend! They are perfect for grownups and kids alike!
- 1.5 lbs organic chicken tenders cut into about 1.5 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Avocado oil (about 1 Tbsp per batch)
- 1 large ziplock bag
- Pre-prep- Place the eggs into a med size bowl and beat well.
In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, breadcrumbs, parmesean, seasoning and salt.
- Place the chicken pieces into a ziplock bag and add the flour. Seal the bag closed with some air inside and shake the bag around till each piece of chicken is coated in the flour.
- Dip the pieces of chicken into the eggs, coating all sides. (I did 5 or 6 at a time)
- Coat each piece of chicken with the dry seasoned mixture.
- Heat about 1 Tbsp of avocado oil in a med sized frying pan.
- Cook chicken in batches- about 3-5 min per side.
Tip- I take the thickest piece of each batch and cut it open to ensure it is fully cooked!
- Let chicken cool on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge and reheat in the oven on 350* for about 10-15 min.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some pizza recipes.