Fitness update

Hi there friends!

Whew- it has been a while since I posted an update on fitness and health stuff.

A fun little recap of what I logged from last year! Thanks My Fitness Pal. {If you are on there, let’s be friends- I am chocolaterunnergirl}

The past few months have flown by without a lot of changes with my health.  I have had more testing done but nothing has come up as positive or alarming with the different tests.  So we are back to the drawing board.  I am hopefully seeing another new dr in the next month or so to see if she can offer any information.  Also to check out the weird heart palpitations I seem to be having more frequently.  I talked to my PA, and she was not super concerned, but after my mom having 2 heart attacks in the past 18 months, I want to just check to make sure nothing wonky is going on.

Despite not getting any real answers I have been doing my best to stay positive and keep on doing what I can.  Staying active and focusing on my nutrition has been my sanity keeper.  If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know how much I enjoy using my Apple watch.  I love the little challenges it gives, and also the fun way to stay accountable to other friends who also have a watch!

I have been at my main gym for almost 7 years, and pretty active in the classes the past 5 years.  I have met amazing people and gained many friends! Lately I have been trying a few different classes to keep my body on its toes.  It has been showing me different areas I can continue improving on!

I have also really enjoyed teaching Body Pump.  I was certified in July and have been teaching a few times a month.  It has been nice to be able to teach and have it not be too crazy or extra stressful for the most part.  I will be teaching more and also adding on a class of teaching youth.  I am really pumped about that! I love kids seeing fitness as fun and starting them young 🙂

One activity that I am really pumped to get back into my life has been running.  And by running I really mean jogging/walking intervals.  My sweet Sweat Pink sister and fellow blogger Lea created a plan that I am following to get me back to running.  It has been FANTASTIC for me and would be ideal for new or returning runners.  Part of me just wants to run, but the interval training has been really good for my hip and foot.  It reminds me to trust the process and I will gain back some speed once I increase my endurance properly.  I will share more about the plan soon!
I am happy that my pace has gotten better over the past few weeks.  I can’t wait to see how it keeps improving as I focus on my running, cross training and rest/recovery!

That’s about it for the update for now!

How are your fitness goals coming along for 2018 so far?
Are there any new classes or activities you want to try?

am linking up with Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama and Nicole from Fitful Focus
10912598_10152638558488785_954023868_n

May you be filled with joy and health!

crgimg_9269

18 thoughts on “Fitness update

1. chrissytherd

I enjoyed reading your update! I’ve had a frustrating last few weeks on my end; slipped disc in my back with a pinched nerve that meant taking 10 full days off of anything and now I’m having a hard time getting back into stuff without pain. Super frustrating b/c I was finally back in a good routine this year!

2. Rachel

I hear you on the heart stuff. I get palpitations and weird stuff going on with my heart and cardiovascular disease runs in my family. I’m always on high alert. Hopefully you’ll get answers soon.

3. Kimberly Hatting

I don’t have an Apple watch…not sure I’d be able to read the screen! I’m wearing the readers more and more these days…not ready to go full-time with “real” glasses just yet, and I never have my readers with me when I’d be running (when I’d actually want/need to read the screen). Good luck with your rally back to running!!

4. Wendy

Looking forward to seeing you making progress on your fitness goals! I hope you get that heart issue ironed out. I love my Apple Watch, but I don’t use it for fitness–it’s not the best running watch. But other than that, I love it!

1. chocolaterunnergirl Post author

Thank you!
      Me too! I’ve had some anxiety about it which I know is not helping the issue!
      You are right about that! Not really made for running, but I use it loosely for other fitness workouts.

5. angela@marathonsandmotivation.com

Oh goodness, I hope you get answers on your heart issues soon, that can be so scary! I had a bout of experiencing palpitation while swimming, which eventual subsided!!

6. Kathryn @ Dancing to Running

I haven’t joined the smart watch party yet. I actually still wear the same watch that my parents bought me for my high school graduation. But I’ve been hearing more and more positive things from wearing a smart watch, and although I would still wear my Garmin for running I wonder if it might not be worth the investment eventually.

1. chocolaterunnergirl Post author

That’s awesome you still have the same watch from high school graduation!
      The smart watches are fun to have. Depending on what features you are looking for, there are lots of options out there 🙂

7. agsignor

I haven’t used a smart watch either. I feel like it would judge me when I slack off… Maybe I’ll invest in a few years when I’m out of the toddler stage. I can only take so many people/things fussing at me. 😉

8. Farrah

I’m super terrible about staying on top of updating MFP but I just sent you an invite! ❤ I'm sorry that they haven't managed to find out what happened yet but it's good that nothing alarming has come back! I hope they figure it out soon. ❤