Happy Good Friday!
Spring is in full swing here in Texas! You can tell because everything is covered in a layer of pollen!
A few days ago I was craving a yummy treat I made last year, and I really wanted one again! This time I decided to revamp the recipe and make it dairy free!
If you are good with eating dairy, you can see the previous recipe here!
- 1 cup + 1 TBSP gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 wild blueberries (the smaller the better)
- 1 C organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon glaze
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350* F. Coat a large donut pan. (Reapply oil after each batch)
- In a large bowl, sift together 1 1/2 c gluten free flour, baking powder & salt then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the, milk, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, and oil.
- In a small bowl add the remaining flour and the blueberries. Gently coat all the blueberries.
- Make a hole in the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Mix till 7/8 incorporated. Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture, make sure not to over mix!!
- Pour mixture into a large zip top bag, then zip close. Snip off one corner large enough for a blueberry to fit though.
- Fill each donut mold about 2/3 full.
- Bake 10-12 min, or until lightly golden and spongy.
- After removing donuts from the oven, let them sit in the pan for several minutes, then place each one on a cooling rack.
- While the donuts bake, make the lemon & blueberry icing.
- Lemon icing- Mix together the sifted powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add more juice if the icing is too stiff.
- Blueberry icing- add 1-2 Tbsp of the lemon icing and 1/4 cup blueberries to a blender, mix well. Take the blueberry mixture and strain the blueberry skins out over a med size bowl.
- After donuts have cooled about 15 min, drizzle one or both types of icing on each donut.
I had some help with the icing this time 😉
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some new recipes.