Hello friends and happy Friday!
I can not believe it is already the first week of May! The end of the school year is just around the corner and summertime is almost here!
Springtime reminds me of newness of life. New plants, new babies, a new season. Fresh perspective on life and trying new things for the first time or trying them again.
I have been receiving such beautiful sweet potatoes from my CSA lately and I wanted to break away from my typical roasted or baked sweet potatoes. I wanted to try some new techniques I had been reading about when roasting different veggies! A few of the ideas I first thought would be a little odd, but now I have been incorporating them into all my cooking and it has been making a difference!
- 1 large sweet potato, washed
- 2-3 Tbsp avocado oil
- Spices to taste- Himalayan salt, paprika, garlic
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Slice sweet potato into thin slices then long stripes.
- Place in an ice bath for 30-45 min. (helps remove starch to make them crispier)
- Pre-heat oven to 425* and place baking sheet in oven to also pre-heat.
- Once ice bath is finished, drain and dry off sweet potatoes.
- Coat sweet potatoes with a very thin layer of avocado oil
- Place on the pre-heated baking sheet leaving space between each fry.
- Bake for about 30 min, flipping the fries half way through.
- Turn off oven and let fries sit for 10 more min.
- Remove fries from oven and sprinkle on spices to taste. I used tongues as the fries are still hot to touch.
- Enjoy immediately!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some new recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!