Hi there friends!
It is finally Friday! Can I get an amen? These weeks lately have felt extra long even though I have been cutting back on outside activities and working on getting more restful sleep in my life. The week was pretty good overall, and I was able to accomplish several things each day on my to-do list. I have been posting some of the projects on my insta-stories. Check them out for some daily laughs 🙂
This week I have been really craving berries. Thank goodness our local grocery store had some great deals on berries! I think I ate through several containers by myself 🙂 Berries are so fresh and perfect as it has begun to feel like summer is breaking thought in the weather. By mid afternoons this week, we were hitting close to 90*! Bring on summer, swimming and all things outdoor eating!
Like I said, I have been ALL over berries the past week. The other night I also had a really strong craving for some cheesecake. I normally eat some sort of cheesecake with chocolate involved, but this time I wanted something more summery! Enter the berry swirl cheesecake. I used coconut sugar that simply enhanced the natural sweetness of the berries. It is not overly sweet, but it hits the spot just perfectly. I used lactose free dairy ingredients and it did not cause any tummy issues! I am SO happy about that! The crust is made with gluten free graham crackers. Paired with the berry cheesecake topping it just screams summer!
- 11 small gluten free graham crackers (makes about 1½ cups when food processed)
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup melted refined coconut oil
- ½ cup fresh blackberries, washed
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, washed
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 16 ounces lactose free cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup lactose free sour cream, room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 organic large eggs, room temperature
Note: If normal dairy products don’t bother you, you can use normal cream cheese and sour cream 🙂
- Pre-heat oven to 325*
- Prep an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- Place graham crackers in a food processor. Pulse till crumbs form. Pour crumbs into a med size bowl. Add in the coconut sugar and coconut oil. Mix until all ingredients are fully combined. Pour crumb mixture into the 8×8 dish and press firmly down, evenly covering the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 10-12 min. Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack.
While the crust cools, prep the berries and cheesecake filling.
- Place the berries in a blender. Pulse till liquefied. Add sugar and pulse till mixed together. Strain the berry mixture through a mesh strainer into another bowl. Set aside.
- Place the softened cream cheese into a bowl (use a stand mixer or a hand held mixer). Beat till smooth. Add in the sour cream, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well until combined and smooth. Add in each egg and mix on low until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the 8×8 pan with the prepped and cooled crust. Spread the filling to ensure it is distributed over the crust evenly.
- Add small spoonfuls of the berry mixture on top, spacing it out slightly. Using a knife, swirl the mixture gently till the desired pattern is made.
- Bake for 30-40 min, until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove cheesecake and set on a cooling rack. Once it is fully cooled, place a lid on the pan and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some salad recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!