Another Friday is upon us! How are these weeks going by so fast. We are on the edge of summer…unless you live in a place like Houston where it is already breaking 100 degrees with the heat index! Bring on pool days!
I actually am a person who doesn’t mind the heat for the most part. I will take it over freezing cold weather anyway. Just give me a spot on the beach and I am a happy girl.
Since it has been so hot I decided to whip together some of my favorite ingredients into a sweet and tangy cold salad. I am linking up with my fav Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for a salad themed week.
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, cooled and cubed
- 1/4 gala apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Sprinkle of crumbled goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Place chicken, apple, mango, walnuts and avocado in a bowl, gently stir together.
- In a separate bowl blend the balsamic vinegar and avocado oil together. Drizzle over the chicken mixture. Gently stir in.
- Top with desired amount of goat cheese.
- Enjoy alone or atop a bed of greens or in a wrap!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some salsa recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!