Hello friends and happy Friday!
I am back after a few weeks away from the blog and most social media. My beautiful grandmother passed away suddenly on May 18th and I have been taking much needed time away with my family and for myself. I appreciate so many of you who reached out and expressed your love, prayers and care.
The loss is still pretty raw in my heart and soul, and I will be taking more time soon and in the months to come to take care of myself in different ways.
Spending a lot of time with family over the past month has had some challenges, but has also been really refreshing. It was so wonderful to see so many of my extended family members who I do not get to see very often. We had a fun reunion with all the girl cousins and had a lot of laughter in the midst of sadness. The hubs was able to meet a lot of the family who he has not met yet, and we had valuable time with many of my family members.
Although this loss has been very hard, I am so very thankful for the wonderful years I had with my grandmother and for all the memories we have to smile about. I am so very thankful the Hubs and I took a trip up there last summer to see her along with a few other family members. And most of all, I am thankful for the hope of heaven and that I will see her again one day!
With all the traveling over the past few weeks, I have not been doing that much cooking or recipe creating. As I settle back into life I will be back in the kitchen more and also sharing some new things that are going on in my personal world. But this week, I am back to sharing a fun Foodie Friday recipe!
I am linking up with my fav Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for frozen treat themed recipes. Summertime is in full swing and with hot summer days here in Texas, I feel like I am always reaching for a frozen treat. I am a huge fan of making homemade popsicles, freezing fruit (berries, watermelon chunks, grapes, banana chunks, etc) and eating those after a hot sweaty workout, or just spending any amount of time outside. Sometimes just bringing groceries in from the car requires a rest break with a cool treat! Haha
- 1 cup chai tea (concentrate, or homemade)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together well
- Pour into popsicle molds (this made 6, so adjust ingredient amounts accordingly)
- Freeze for 4-6 hours
- Enjoy on a hot summer day
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂
- Join us next week for some Food Blogger Love recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!