Back to Reality

Hi friends! Happy Monday.  Ha, I just wrote that and then had to check that it is really Monday! Lol  I have been on a work break for close to 2 weeks so all my days have kind of run together!

For those of you who didn’t see, my grandmother passed away suddenly 1 month ago.  So since then things have been a little out of whack.  We ended up traveling to Minnesota to be with my family for her service and work on her estate. Although the circumstances were crummy, it was really wonderful to see so many family members and spend quality time with them.

It was really fun to get to do a little exploring and spend time with some friends, double date with my sister and her husband, enjoy some yummy food and see a play with one of my uncles and cousins.

I love the beautiful sights and views of my city of birth!

We had a lovely time with family and friends in Minnesota.  We were home for a few days and I was able to spend time with some of my favorites here. Then it was off to my next trip.

Next up was a quick 5 day trip to PA.  I was able to spend quality time with my sister and her family.  It was fun playing games with my nieces and nephews, go swimming, celebrating birthdays, work on my t-shirt quilt (YAY), running hills, leading my family through a workout and see wonderful friends!

A few weeks ago we also had a really fun day in the studio finishing up the background vocals for the Hubs upcoming album!

Life has been pretty out of the normal routine, but that is what summer is all about right? Tomorrow I am sort of back to reality, and then next week is BlogFest at Idea World (let me know if you will be there too)! I will also be participating in Les Mills Live and I am SO excited about that!  I will be doing more updates on Instagram, mostly stories, so come join the fun!

I didn’t really do a goal post for this month, but in the back of my head, my goals are to enjoy time with family and friends, stay active, get some sleep and take care of my mental health as I mourn the loss of my beloved gram.

One of the ways that helps me to process and work through loss is staying active.  A few runs have helped me clear my head and running in the rain allowed me to cry.  Working out with my friends and getting together after is good for my soul.  Teaching my classes has given me something to look forward to and also a good distraction when needed. Taking a long walk with the Hubs and just talking through things has begun the healing process.  I know it is not the same for everyone, but I am oh so grateful that I have such a strong fitness community around me as I walk this path.

I am linking up with Wendy and Holly for their weekly wrap!

WeeklyWrapNew

May you be filled with joy and health!

crgimg_9269

29 thoughts on “Back to Reality

1. kookyrunner

I’m so sorry for your loss 😦 Like you mentioned in your post, even though the circumstances were not good, it’s always nice to spend time with family that live in another state.

2. Kimberly Hatting

Sorry for your loss. I’m glad you were able to have some time with your family, though. When my grandmother passed away, one of my cousins had made several photo boards with OLD pics of all of us with our beloved Gramma…it was so fun (and therapeutic) reminiscing with everyone. Hugs to you ❤

1. chocolaterunnergirl Post author

Thank you!
      All the old pics have been so nice to have. We really had a nice time being together. One of my uncles is putting all the pics on a disc. I can’t wait to have them all to keep the memories alive!

3. Darlene

So sorry about your grandma. Having friends that share your love of running and working out is the best.

4. Wendy

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your gram. One silver lining is getting all that family time. It’s interesting how that happens!

5. Coco

I’m glad you were able to take a chunk of time off, even if it’s hard getting back. Your t-shirt quilt looks like a serious project. I’m still at the stage of saving shirts up ….

6. The Accidental Marathoner

So very sorry for your loss. What beautiful memories you must have of your dear grandmother. All of your family pictures look so fun and I’m sure it was therapeutic to be back home. I know what you mean about not knowing what day of the week it is. When I’m off of work for a stretch, I literally have to check a calendar to see what I have going on!

7. Michelle

I’m so very sorry about your grandmother. Glad you had those good trips to help ease the pain a little. It’s always so hard to go back to work after time off!

8. Kathryn @ Dancing to Running

I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother. The bright side of a sad event, like you said, is that you got to spend lots of quality time with your family. I hope that the coming weeks are a bit easier for you as you get back into the swing of your normal routine.

9. Renee

i do understand this getting back to reality thing Esther. My mother-in-law died in Feb and it took me a good month to get things together again. And of course my husband still has good and bad days. we found too that kind of planning and forcing the routine again really helps. it doesn’t ease your loss, but at least it can help you to work through it.

10. HoHo Runs

I’m so sorry to hear you lost your Grandmother. It is wonderful you were able to travel home and spend time with the family though. And, the extra time at your sister’s looks like great quality family time. I love that you led a family workout. What classes are you teaching? I hope you’ve been able to ease right back into your routine. Thanks for linking!

1. chocolaterunnergirl Post author

Thank you! It def has been a time of joy and celebration mixed with the sadness of loss.
      Leading the kiddos was so fun! The next day they were all telling me how sore they were!
      I teach Body Pump at several gyms. I have been traveling so much this summer that my classes have been hit and miss. But back to normal this weekend!

11. Pingback: chocolate runner girl