Hello friends! Happy first Friday of August!
Summer is slowly beginning to wind down but that has not prevented more summer fun recipes! One food I LOVE in the summer is watermelon! I love the taste, how refreshing it is and how many health benefits it has. From helping with hydration to being full of vitamins and minerals (vitamins C, A, B1, B5, B6, potassium, magnesium, beta-carotene, lycopene along with citrulline, an vital amino acid.) It also has benefits for a healthy heart, helps skin and nails and can aid in digestion! What is not to love?
I have used watermelon in salads, smoothies, ice pops and now, sorbet! I am linking up with my fav Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for watermelon recipes!
- 3 cups fresh cut watermelon
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 c coconut sugar
- 1 c water
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Ice cream bowl for churner should be placed in the freezer for 12-24 hours prior to making sorbet.
- Place the coconut sugar and the water in a saucepan and stir well. Bring to a simmer until the sugar is dissolved in the water. Remove from heat and cool.
- While the sugar mixture cools, prepare the fruit. Wash berries, remove the stem and hull & chop strawberries into bite size pieces. Chop watermelon into bite size pieces. Place all fruit in a bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Once sugar mixture has cooled, pour 1/2 cup over the fruit. Blend together until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add in more of the sugar mixture.
- Place mixture in the fridge for at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- When mixture has set for at least an hour, pour into the ice cream churner. Churn for 20-30 min.
- Once mixture has churned into a thick,creamy texture, place in an airtight container and place in the freezer. (I have this one -non affiliate)
- Freeze for at least 12 hours (overnight works really well).
- Enjoy on a hot summer day!
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some campfire snack recipes.
Also, this month I am doing a daily gratitude challenge post on Instagram. I will be posting a black and white photo and using #BWgratefulAugust for the month. Feel free to join in the fun!
May you be filled with joy and health!