Happy Friday my friends!
Summer vacation has officially come to an end this week. School is back in session. We had to celebrate the last week with a new ice cream recipe! Cool, creamy chocolate with a hint of peanut butter and a sprinkle of chocolate chips and a hidden bonus of collagen peptides for some protein! I have been making batches of ice cream all summer, but this one really takes the cake! Haha But really, my husband is my taste tester and he is ALL over this flavor! He thinks I could sell it! I would love to do that but that would require a much larger ice cream churner! 😉 It is also the start of my birthday week so I just might have to whip up another batch for this weekend!
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2/3 cup White sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
2 3/4 cups organic heavy cream
2 cups organic whole milk
2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- Place an ice cream churner in the freezer at least 12 hours before making the ice cream.
- In a large bowl add in the sugar. Sift in the cocoa powder, powdered peanut butter and collagen peptides. Whisk together well.
- Add the milk and stir until dry ingredients have dissolved.
- Slowly add in the cream and the vanilla, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen churner and churn for about 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is the consistency of a frosty.
- Put the ice cream into an air tight freezer container and put in the freezer.
- After 15-20 min remove the ice cream and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Return to freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Let thaw for several minutes before serving, sprinkle on some additional chocolate chips and enjoying!
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some waffle recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!