Happy Friday friends!
It has been another busy week in the books, but a fun one. It was my birthday week which added another element to the week with a few small celebrations with friends and a lovely 2 hour massage (that was seriously the BEST and so what I needed!)
I also added a little fun to my life with a new pop of color in my hair!
I really focused on enjoying my time with friends and the hubs so I didn’t spend much time in the kitchen this week, but I did finalize on one of the recipes!
Before I share the recipe, I wanted to share a funny story about my early waffle making experience. When we were first married I really wanted to make blueberry waffles. I was not a huge waffle maker at that point, and had to actually go buy a waffle iron. I made the batter and put the first scoop into the iron. I closed it and flipped it over. I was washing a few dishes while I waited a few minutes for it to cook. All of a sudden I heard this popping noise and within seconds blueberry juice was spewing literally ALL over my kitchen! I started yelling and didn’t know what to do! I was also laughing so hard at the same time!
So needless to say, I have not made blueberry waffles since! LOL
- 3 Tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 3 Tbsp Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, chopped
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a med bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just blended.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Canadian bacon.
- Heat a waffle iron and add small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- Scoop about 1 cup into the waffle iron, close and cook until just done.
- Makes about 4 large waffles.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some kitchen cleanse recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!