Hello and happy Friday friends! The last Friday of August! It has been another month that has flown by! I can hardly believe it!
School is back in full swing and around here that means I have some hungry kiddos after school! Anyone else feel like kids just need lots of snacks after school? They seem to need more fuel these days after a long day of school! I was trying to come up with some snacks that are not so time consuming so they actually get a chance to rest after school before any activities or chores! It has not been an easy task! An old recipe of mine popped into my head while I was at the store the other day and I knew I needed to try it out for the kids. I whipped up a batch of energy balls while they were at school and they were a HUGE hit! I love that you can pretty much change around some of the ingredients to make it work for your family and different preferences that kids have! One kid loves chocolate and the other is not a fan, so I can easily customize them! These bites are even great for adults! I am a fan of them pre or post workout, while I am running around doing errands, if I need a little pick-me-up while I make dinner of just need a little something in between meals.
I also got a little tool this week that has helped make them so much easier, and a little less messy! I am not sure why I never had one before, but it has been a fantastic tool (and not just for the energy bites). I picked this one up at Target the other day, but also have seen them at other stores for around $12-18. (not affiliate, just what I bought)
- 2 cups oats ( I have used rolled oats and steel cut, they both work well)
- 1 3/4 cups sunbutter (any nut butter also works)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup collagen peptides
- 1/4 -1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips ( I prefer to use Enjoy Life chips)
- Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the mixture out of the bowl. Form mixture into balls.
- Place in a storage container with a lid.
- Store them in the refrigerator.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some Fall Flavors recipes.
May you be filled with joy and wellness!