Hello and happy Friday!
I want to start off by saying a HUGE thank you for the outpouring of love and support from my posts on Wednesday! I am so thankful and grateful to have such wonderful people in my life (both in person and via social media). My heart is overwhelmed by the kind and generous outpouring of words and comments.
I don’t know about you, but Monday holidays always seem to make the week feel off. I could not remember what day is was for most of it! But I am was thankful for an extra day off that helped me get a lot accomplished around my house.
September is upon us. It still feels like summer here in Houston, but I am going to pretend that fall is on its way with some cooler temps and less humid! It is one thing I don’t mind too much in the summer when we can spend the day at the pool, but once school starts back up, I am ready for some fall temps. That is one of the few things I miss about living in the north.
I am not a PSL girl, but I do love me some good pumpkin baked goods! I could make pumpkin things all year round, but it is sometimes hard to find in the grocery store. I am that girl who buys a tons of canned pumpkin near the end of the holiday season so I can savor pumpkin items a little bit longer!
This recipe today does NOT disappoint! It is packed with flavor from the pumpkin and the spices. It kind of melts in your mouth when it is still warm from the oven! I made a test batch and within 12 hours there was only 3 bars left! Kids and several adults approved so I know it is a win! With a little added bonus of collagen peptides, I even had a slice for breakfast as my pre-workout fuel!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (for added flavor)
- 4 Tbsp collagen peptides
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- Optional add ins- chocolate chips, nuts, dried cranberries)
- Pre-heat oven to 375*.
- Line a 13 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter and the sugar.
- Add in the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix in the oats.
- Sift in the baking soda, spices, collagen and flour, mix until just combined.
- If adding in an option, gently fold it into the mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15-20 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some sandwich recipes.
May you be filled with joy and wellness!