Hello friends and happy Friday! It has been a crazy few weeks over here in CRG land. My plate has been a bit more full and that balancing act sometimes wears me out…lol
The last 2 weeks my site has been going through some issues, but they are all fixed now (yahoo), so I am finally back for a Foodie Friday!
A few weeks ago the Hubs was wanting a cookie. I didn’t really have time to make my sugar cookies, or have all the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, so I did a little digging around pinterest and got inspired to make my own version of peanut butter blossom cookies. The hubs was wanting something with chocolate in it, and I decided to try using my homemade chocolate almond butter (you can also use store bought).
They came out better than expected! I was really pleased with the texture and the flavor was a nice balance of almond butter and chocolate.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate almond butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicon sheets.
- In a medium bowl, sift together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the almond butter, then each egg and the vanilla, bland well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
Using a cookie scooper or a Tbsp measure, scoop 2 Tbsp and roll into balls. Place each ball on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Using a fork, make a # symbol on each cookie.
- Bake for about 9-11 min.
- Let them cool on the cookie sheet for several minutes before placing them in a wire cooling wrack.
- Store in an air tight container.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some apple recipes.
May you be filled with joy and wellness!