I would love to say ‘Happy Fall,’ but it has been SO warm and humid all week I am not sure if it is still August or October! Haha
Even though it feels like summer, I am still in the mood for fall foods! One thing I miss a lot about living in Texas is not getting to pick apples at an orchard. They just don’t have them around here. However, I am very thankful that the local grocery stores have tons of beautiful apples that I can purchase year round! I love apples and how versatile they are!
I have made these apples a few times and they ended up exploding, so I decided to cut them in half to see if that helped to relieve the pressure, and it worked! They came out SO much better than the test batches!
- 4 Large apples (I used pink lady, but any should work)
- 4 Tbsp gluten free breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, very soft
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2.5 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash apples and chop in half through the horizontal middle
- Scoop out the seeds to make a small space for filling and place them in a large baking dish, skin side down
- Blend together the breadcrumbs, the sugar, spices and the butter till well combined
- Scoop the sugar filling into each apple (about 1 TBSP)
- Mix together the lemon and honey in a small bow
- Drizzle the honey mixture over each apple
- Bake for 30-40 min or until apples are tender
- Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some vegetarian recipes.
May you be filled with joy and wellness!