Happy Friday friends! Fall is FINALLY here in Houston! It was 59 glorious degrees yesterday morning! Most importantly, the humidity is down and I feel like I can breathe when I go outside!
I am still ALL over apples this week! I have been enjoying them as well as the kiddos! Apples just make me happy and can be used for SO many things! I literally ate apples all the time in college! It was one food that didn’t cause any allergy issues to flare up! Since then I still love apples and eat them almost every day!
I know last week we did an apple theme, but today I am sticking with it as this recipe still falls under our new theme. I am linking up with my fav Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for some vegetarian recipes!
Although I used some dairy products in my version, you can always substitute them out with non-dairy products 🙂 Also this recipe is a little more labor intensive than usual, but it is SO worth it!
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large apples
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 12 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup butter
- parchment paper
- caramel sauce if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Line an 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl place all the crust ingredients. Use a fork to mash the butter into the dry ingredients until crumbly. I also used my clean hands to ensure the mixture was fully combined.
- Place the crust mixture into the baking pan. Press down till an even layer of crust is formed. Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 min, or until lightly browned.
- While crust bakes, peel, core and chop the apples into small pieces. Place in a bowl and add in coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix to coat the apples well.
- Using a stand mixer, place the cream cheese and sugar into the attached mixing bowl. Blend well. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- In another bowl, blend together the strudel ingredients until crumbly.
- When the crust comes out of the oven, let it cool for 5 min, then pour in the filling, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the apples on top of the filling, covering the entire pan.
- Add the strudel topping over the apples loosely.
- Bake for 40-50 min or until the center is set.
- Let it cool.
- Enjoy plain or with a caramel topping.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some choctober recipes.
May you be filled with joy and wellness!