Happy Friday friends!
It really is the most wonderful time of the year! I love this time of year, although it has been a little more tough some days when I think about it being the first Christmas with out my gram. One thing that has helped is seeing the joy on the faces of others through this season! Giving gifts is one of my love languages, and you could say wrapping gifts is a close second 🙂
Another part of the season I really enjoy is baking! I love to bake and give tasty treats to my friends and loved ones! After my Christmas party 2 weeks ago, I had a ton of left over sugar cookies!
I didn’t want to just throw them away, so I decided to reuse them for a different dessert!
I am linking up with my fav Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for another new recipe!
- About 8-10 sugar cookies, crushed
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkles of your choice
- Whip cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla and the sugar cookie crumbles, blend well.
- Scoop the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicon sheet.
- Chill for 15-20 min in the fridge. While the balls chill, melt the chocolates.
- Melt the dark chocolate with 1/2tsp coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Add in the peppermint until the desired flavor.
- Melt the white chocolate with 1/4 tsp coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Remove the balls from the fridge.
- Cover each ball in the dark chocolate and return to the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over each truffle and add sprinkles if desired.
- Store in the fridge.
What are some of your favorite holiday activities that bring you joy?
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us next week for some best of 2018 recipes.
May you have a very Merry Christmas!
May you be filled with joy and wellness!