Happy Friday. I am so glad it is Friday. The past 10 days have been pretty rough. Starting with last Tuesday I finally got my MRI results back and I officially have a torn meniscus. So sometime in the next few months I will be getting surgery. I was pretty bummed to hear that news, but I am thankful the surgery & recovery process are pretty mild. I digested that info for a few days and came to peace with all of that.
Sadly on Saturday one of my dear friends passed away while she was waiting a kidney transplant. She left behind her wonderful husband and son. It is all so heartbreaking and it hurts my heart so much for their family. Then on Monday of my husband’s great nephews passed away.
Other random little things happened, like the washing machine at work filling the laundry room with smoke, fighting a nasty cold, a fellow instructor breaking her leg and needing me to fill in for her classes and just lack of sleep in general. Needless to say, it has been a bit of a stressful week.
When dealing with stress and grief, I have learned what I need to do to process and work through the stress I feel. Taking care of myself with proper food, exercise, sleep and warm drinks. This week my sleep has been struggling and one things that helps me is having a warm drink before bed. I tend to go for peppermint tea when I am feeling stressed and worn down.
Peppermint can be helpful when feeling stressed, fatigued, nausea, headaches, and can be refreshing and relaxing and more! So you can see adding a hot peppermint drink can be helpful for any who are stressed out or dealing with fatigue.
- 2 cups milk of choice (I used almond)
- 1/2-1 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 servings collagen
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
Makes 2 servings.
- Heat milk on the stove in a medium sauce pan for about 5 minutes or until milk is your ideal temperature.
- Whisk in the collagen and maple syrup.
- Add in the drop of peppermint and stir.
- Enjoy when feeling stressed.
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us February 8 for some hot breakfast recipes.