It has been a little quiet over her on the blog for the start of 2019. I have been slowly easing into the year. I have had a lot of things going on with health and just life, so I will be giving more of an update soon!
This week is national soup month! I don’t think there could be a more perfect food for these colder winter months than soup! I LOVE soup, but have always had a hard time finding soups I can eat with my food allergies. I can hardly ever order soup when I am eating out, so a few years ago I began to make my own at home!
I am linking up with my fav Foodie Friday gals, Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for soup recipes. Just a little note in case you missed the last post, but Foodie Friday is now going to be on the second and fourth Friday of each month! Feel free to still join us then 🙂
This week we started out in the 70s and then the temps dropped into the 30s! Needless to say, with the colder weather I was def all about making some yummy soup! I have been on a zucchini kick lately and had a ton in my fridge and decided to make that the star of the soup!
- 1/4 c ghee
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup organic half & half
- Spices: Pink salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, turmeric & red pepper flakes to taste
- Melt ghee in large pot. Add in all veggies, sauté till soft.
- Sift flour over veggies and stir gently till coated.
- Add in liquids and gently stir.
- Bring to a simmer and let the liquids thicken for about 10-15 min.
- Add in spices to taste.
- Enjoy on a chilly winter day
Make sure you check out the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts! 🙂Join us January 25th for some hot drink recipes.