Hello and happy friend friends! It has been yet another crazy busy, but fun week here in Texas! After a lot of crazy rain, we are enjoying the sunshine! The sun makes me think of energy, and I decided to make some energy balls for our No Bake theme this week!
I am linking up again with my favorite Foodie Friday ladies to share some amazing recipes with y’all!
Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, Cassandra from Powered by BLING, and Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats!
These energy balls are one of my favorite things to make! They are super simple and so versatile! You can mix and match ingredients so they can be tailored to fit any foodie pallet!
No Bake Energy Balls
1 1/2-2 cups quick oats
1 c unsweetened cocoa nibs
1 c dried cranberries
1/2 c chopped banana chips
2 cups chopped trail mix
1ish cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Throw everything into a large bowl and mix well. (Feel free to pick and choose what you put in. Add your own flare to it. Depending on the thickness of the nut butter you might need more or less. Just make sure all the ingredients stick together).
2. Chill in the fridge for about 20 min.
3. Scoop mixture out into ball shapes. Place in a storage container or on a tray of wax paper.
4. Store in the fridge.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful recipes!!
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Tune in next week for some Strawberry recipes!!
Happy Friday, and welcome once again to Foodie Friday!! I am once again am linking up once again with my Favorite Foodie Friday ladies, Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is Healthy Snacks!
If you are anything like me, you are always on the go! This week was even more nutty than normal! Along with my normal work schedule, I had some extra tutoring sessions, date night at the Rockets game, a massage and some errands! Each day was different and on-the-go more than usual, so I had to plan my meals a little more than carefully. That also meant planning some snacks to bring along! I love to have healthy snacks ready to go at a moments notice! Usually they involve nuts, fruit, chopped veggies or a protein bar (like Luna, KIND, or Larabars). I wanted to branch out a little and my recipe from last week (Chocolate Almond Butter Pie) inspired me!
Chocolate Almond butter
1. 2 cups raw almonds
2. 1/2-3/4 c organic coconut oil
3. 1/4 c Chocolate Chips (I used Enjoy Life semi sweet mini chips)
*This works best in a food processor, but a high quality blender would also work!*
1. Place the almonds in the food processor, place on high speed 1-2 minutes
2. Add the coconut oil, about 1/4c at a time till it is the desired consistency. Blend on high speed for another 2-3 minutes
3. Add in chocolate chips. Almond butter should be warm and chocolate chips will melt easily. Pulse on high speed until all chips are mixed in.
4. Place in an airtight storage container.
*You can keep in the refrigerator, but it is not necessary. It will make the almond butter more firm.*
I LOVE to eat mine with fruit. Apples, pears and bananas are my favorite!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful healthy snacks!
Add YOUR own snack recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Happy Friday! I have to say I am extra thrilled it is Friday today! Not only do I get to share a fun recipe with you, but tonight is date night with The Hubs! Our schedules have been a little nutty lately, and we have been like ships passing in the night, so we are STOKED we both have Friday night off work! We are heading to a movie later, and I think we know what we are going to see, but have you seen anything good lately? Need some recommendations!
I am linking up once again with my Favorite Foodie Friday ladies, Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is Healthy Pies!
When I think of pie, healthy is not the first word that comes to mind. So as I was thinking about how I wanted to change a pie recipe, I kept thinking about some of my favorite healthy snacks, almonds and dark chocolate! I became inspired by THIS recipe from the Pioneer Woman and adapted it!
Chocolate Almond Butter Pie (Gluten Free)
1. 1 Gluten free pre-made chocolate crust
2. 1 cup chocolate almond butter (I made mine, recipe soon, but my fav from the store is Justin’s)
3. One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
4. 3/4 cups powdered sugar
5. One 8-ounce package truwhip, thawed
1. Mix the almond butter and softened cream cheese together till smooth.
2. Add in the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
3. Add in the whipped topping. Mix until smooth.
(I LOVE this mixer! Still so happy that I was able to get it for an amazing deal!)
4. Pour into the pie crust and smooth it with a knife or spatula, then cover it.
5. Chill. You can chill in the fridge for an hour or more, or for a quick freeze place it in the freezer for 20-25 min.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful healthy pies!
Add YOUR own pie recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Have a happy and healthy day!
I am happy to share to yummy dessert recipes that are mostly healthy!
Last week I sent my great Foodie Pen Pal a wonderful recipe that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!! So I am pleased to share it with you all 🙂
Some of you might have seen it before floating around on my FB page or my old blog. If you are new to this recipe, then YAY! If you get a chance to make it, I would LOVE to hear what you think. I can not take any credit for this recipe at all. I found it on Delighted Momma’s blog! Welcome to the amazing world of ZUCCHINI BROWNIES!
What you will need:
- 1 cup of almond butter.
- 1 1/2 cup of grated or chopped zucchini. I cut 1 into a few pieces then stick it in my food processor till the pieces are small!
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips. I used dark chocolate chips!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
They are SO delish! In my opinion they are the BEST brownies I have ever made, and I have made a LOT of brownies in my day 🙂
The next recipe I have been working on this week is a healthier version of ‘ice cream’ 🙂
I love real ice cream, but I really can’t eat it every day like I would love to sometimes.
I have been seeing other foodie friends posting about using frozen bananas to make ‘ice cream’ and I finally remembered this week to actually freeze some bananas!
I played around with the bananas and some other ingredients, and I think I found a pretty good recipe. Next week, I am going to try adding some other fruits and see what I can come up with 🙂
Clean ‘Ice Cream’
~ 1 frozen banana (I peel several at a time and freeze them at least 12 hours before making)
~ 3 TBS Organic Raw Cacao Powder
~ ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
~ 1 TBS Raw almond butter
1. Place the frozen banana in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. (A blender could work as well.)
2. Add the Cacao powder and blend for 10 seconds.
3. Add the milk and blend for 10 seconds.
4. Add the almond butter and blend till everything is mixed together.
5. If it is too think for you, add a little more milk. If it is too thin, add more banana or peanut butter.
6. Enjoy 🙂
I also put my ice cream back in the freezer for about 15 min to make it a little more firm 🙂
Just a few pics of some of the ingredients I experimented with 🙂
This was my FAV recipe so far 🙂