Hey y’all! Well, I dropped the ball a bit on the Bosu Strong challenge last week! So I am going to shoot again for this week! I was so inspired by so many of the posts that I saw on instagram and twitter! I can’t wait to jump in this week and get back to the challenge! I decided to shift some of my training to different days to incorporate the challenges into my workouts! Last week I did the challenge moves, but on different days then they were posted for and felt silly always playing catch up, so here is to a fresh start for the week!
Stay balanced with week 2 of the #BOSUStrong challenge with BOSU
6 ways I stay balanced
If you forgot to join me last week for the #BOSUStrong challenge or just weren’t up for the cardio, make sure you join me this week as it’s all about the balance! We’re standing on one leg, lunging, and BOSU squatting our way through the week.
But balance means more than just being able to stand on one leg, it also means being able to do what you love while making healthy choices at the same time. It means putting in the work and still finding time for a little Netflix. Or eating the chocolate (of course) but balancing it out with loads of roasted veggies. Or 30 Day Shred (workout) and foam rolling/stretching (workout) at home when I can’t make it to the gym.
Here are the 6 ways I stay balanced – what are yours?
I make time for myself by carving out time before bed to reflect on the day.
My favorite me time is getting a massage.
My rule when it comes to a balanced diet is not forcing myself to eat foods I don’t like.
I make fitness a priority by planning it in my daily routine!
When I get stressed or overwhelmed, my go to is Zumba.
I do meal planning, prep and gym dates to help my family stay balanced.
Here are my fave 6 moves to help improve your balance (these are great on the Bosu but you can do them on the floor also!)
1. Stand with one leg on the Bosu, lift the other several inches off the ground- close eyes for 10-20 seconds. Use your arms to help keep you balanced.
2. Side plank- Rest 1 forearm on the bosu. Stack your feet and legs together, and lift your hips off the ground. Your body should make a straight line.
3. Warrior III pose- stand on one leg. Your other leg goes behind you in a straight line and your arms go in front of you. Your body should be making the letter ‘T’ in this pose!
4. Push-up- Flip the bosu onto the dome. Place hands on the outside of the flat area and do push-ups! Start on your knees if you need and build up from there. Keep your back straight at all times.
5. One legged bridge- Lay on the floor with one foot on the dome of the Bosu. Point your other leg towards the ceiling. Push your foot into the dome and lift your hips towards the ceiling till your body makes a straight line. Hold for several seconds. Repeat 10-15 times for each leg.
6. Pistol squat- (Advanced move that I am still working on)- Stand on the bosu on 1 leg. Stick the other leg out in front of you. Squat down and up.
So I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Monday, 9/21: Happy Monday sweaties, this week we’re all about that balance. Let’s see you stand on one leg – ready, set, GO! #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Tuesday, 9/22: We want to see you #dropitlikeasquat…on your BOSU or perhaps one leg? #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: It’s time for #treetuesday! Show us your best tree pose. @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Wednesday, 9/23: Let’s lunge it out sweaties! #BosuStrong #SweatPink #FitFamily @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ it this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Thursday, 9/24: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body balance move! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Give us a #tbt of a time when you really challenged your balance (feel free to get creative!) #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Friday, 9/25: #FreeFriday. Show us your favorite way to get your cardio on! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Let’s forearm plank it out y’all! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Let’s get sweaty and strong!!!