Happy Friday friends!
Welcome to the last weekend in October! Time sure is a-flying!
If you are here for the first from the awesome blog hop, welcome! I’m so glad you decided to stop by! This is my third blog hop, and I have loved getting to read new blogs and get to know some new bloggers! You can read a little more about me in my previous hop posts here and here, or on my about me page! Thank you again Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner for organizing such a great event!
I am heading to the pumpkin patch this morning now the the weather has cooled down a bit. And by that I mean, the high has only been in the mid 80s vs 90-100+ degrees!
Speaking of pumpkin, I have an abundance of it right now! I apparently had several cans of it in my pantry from a few weeks ago that I forgot about and grabbed a few more on sale last week. With so much pumpkin it gave me a great opportunity to work on my pumpkin protein brownie bar recipe. I’m not really sure if I would call them a brownie exactly, they are almost a mix between cake and a pie. So I settled on brownie 🙂
This week I had plenty of extra pumpkin to work with for our Foodie Friday theme!
I am linking up with Farrah from Fairyburger, Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama, and Jess from Hello to Fit for our kitchen cleanse themed week!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Protein Bar
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 scoops unflavored collagen peptides
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 -1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 can Organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for greasing baking dish or parchment paper
- Pre-heat oven to 375*
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin and vanilla till fully blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently mix until just blended.
- Add in most of the chocolate chips, gently fold into the batter.
- Scoop batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of the brownie bar
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
Do you have an awesome recipe you’d love to share? Link up with us on Fridays for our weekly Foodie Friday posts! (Co-hosted by Annmarie, Farrah, Esther + Jess.)
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
Thanks again for stopping by! Join us again next week for some Healthifying A Favorite Sweet themed recipes!
May you be filled with joy and health!