I am back from the cold north and am finally recovering from being super sick as well! The last 2 weeks def threw me for a loop and off schedule in pretty much every area of life. As I look to get back on track I figured one great place to start is here!
It is Friday again! Yay! Time to link up with my girls to bring another round of fabulous recipes!
Farrah from Fairyburger, Emily from Whatever Floats Your Oats and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama and Cassandra from Powered by BLING! Today our theme is a CopyCat Recipe!
We all probably have a favorite dish we go out for, yet don’t make at home! As I was thinking about some of the things I like to eat out, one of my favorite Pei Wei meals sprung to mind! I did a little editing to a recipe I found on Pinterest, and I hope you all enjoy! You can find the original recipe here!
Honey Seared Chicken (with rice noodles and veggies)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup orange juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. In small bowl, combine honey, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry.
2. Season lightly with salt. In large non-stick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, until seared. (I also added my red pepper at this point)
3. Turn chicken, cook another 4 minutes until just cooked through. Pour honey mixture over chicken and cook, turning chicken to coat as sauce begins to thicken, about 2 min.
4. Sprinkle with Sesame seeds.
5. Serve with rice noodles and sauteed veggies.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their wonderful CopyCat recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Emily | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Cassandra | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
Add YOUR own recipe to the link up! ( Also fee free to use the logo above on your blog!)
Tune in next week for recipes where we overcome a fear!