Happy Friday friends!
I am so thankful it is Friday! It has been a bit of a busy week in every area of my life! There are some things brewing that I can not wait to share with you all, and I hope I can share within the next week or so 🙂
Last week began with a fun and crazy event at my gym. The fitness instructors put on a showcase of many of the Les Mills classes and the members who participated were able to vote to see what new classes they will bring to the gym! It was so much fun to try new classes and get out of my comfort zone! I was a bit wiped out from that, but it didn’t stop me from picking up the bed for our guest room! It is coming along and I hope it will be all finished soon! Amazing how this last room in the house is taking SO long! Hah
I joined a CSA last week, and I received my first batch of fruits and veggies! They are so delicious and fresh! I love how different they taste and how I know I am supporting a local organic farmer!
With all the veggies I received plus a few things I had gotten at Costco I had 2 items that were overtaking my kitchen! It worked out perfect to use many of them up for our Foodie Friday theme today!
I LOVE zucchini, and I have been making zucchini recipes all week but I still had some left. I love adding them to so many dishes to add an extra dose of veggies! They go so well with so many recipes!
- 5 extra ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2-1 cup coconut sugar depending on the level of sweetness you enjoy
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 1 large zucchini, shredded and chopped into small peices
- 1/2 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1/2 enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line 2 muffin pans with silicon cups (you can also use paper wrappers)
- Peel bananas and place in a large mixing bowl (I used my kitchen aid, but you can also mix these by hand). Mash bananas fully.
- Add in the coconut oil, mix well.
- Add in the coconut sugar, mix well.
- Add in the sprinkle of salt, baking soda, cacao powder & cinnamon, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together and blend in the vanilla. Add those to the banana mixture, mix well.
- Add in the flour until just incorporated.
- Gently fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips
- Fill the muffin cups about 3/4 full
- Bake for 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- You may have leftover batter, and if so, make additional muffins or you can use a small bread pan and make a loaf, bake about 20 min also.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some Tex-Mex (hello Cinco De Mayo) recipes.