Hello friends! Thank you for joining me this week for National Eating Disorder Awareness week! It holds a special place in my heart as it has been something that has affected my life very deeply. In case you missed the other posts, you can check them out here, here and here 🙂
As we head towards the first weekend in March I have been thinking about heritage. Since my husband is part Irish, it is fun to think about different Irish traditions. When I lived in Chicago it was fun to see the river turn green and participate in some fun Irish themed races! Along with fun traditions are fun foods! With some of the health testing I have coming up, my food has been pretty limited. I got a little creative in the kitchen and made a slightly different version to the traditional Irish scalloped potatoes!
I am linking up today with with Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for a Heritage themed week!
Since I have an abundance of sweet potatoes, they were my inspiration!
Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large organic sweet potato
- 2 large organic gala apples
- 1/2 cup + 1 TBSP organic coconut oil
- 2 TBSP organic cinnamon
- 1/2 TBSP organic coconut sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Grease med (I used 9.25″ x 7″) baking dish with 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Using a food processor, slice sweet potato and cored apples into thin slices.
- Heat remaining coconut oil till melted and add in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a lasagne technique, layer the slices of sweet potato and apple. Drizzle the coconut oil mix between layers. End with the sweet potatoes and a the remaining mixture of coconut oil and spices.
- Bake for 35-40 min, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some pack your lunch recipes.
May you be filled with joy and health!