If you have known me for any period of time, you most likely know my most favorite place on earth, Costa Rica! The country is beautiful, the people are the most friendly I have met in all my travels, and the food, oh the food! Since my first trip in 2000, I have been there a total of 10 times. My last trip was Dec 2015 where I took my husband for the first time! It was so fun to experience a country I loved through his eyes!
Like I said, the food is so amazing! I have loved learning to cook typical Costa Rican food on my different trips! My BFF who lives there and his mom have taught me many things over the years!
Since we are celebrating international food day today for Foodie Friday, I will share with you one of the most simple things I made that is inspired by my times in Costa Rica!
Today for Foodie Friday I am linking up today with Farrah from Fairyburger and Annmarie from the Fit Foodie Mama for international themed week!
Plantains Chips with Guacamole
- Large plantain
- Avocado oil- to coat pan and plantain chips
- Himalayan Salt- to taste
- Peel plantains and slice into thin chips (I used my food processor, but you can use a sharp knife too). Place them in a bowl.
- Drizzle avocado oil on the chips and season with salt to taste.
- Coat a frying pan with avocado oil and bring to medium heat.
- Place a layer of the chips in the pan and cook for 3-5 min. Flip the chips and cook for another 3-5 min, or until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with guacamole or enjoy plain!
Make sure you check out all the amazing ladies and their awesome mouthwatering recipes!!
- Farrah | blog | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Annmarie | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Esther | blog | facebook | instagram | pinterest | twitter | bloglovin’
- Please link back to the co-hosts, and comment/share at least a couple other Foodie Friday posts! Don’t just leave your link and run away! :O
- Please only link up recipe posts!
- Join us next week for some allergen-free recipes.